School Cancellation Info
Located in Maine, there are bound to be one or two (or ten) snow days each winter.
School cancellations and delays will be posted right on the home page.
In the event of extreme weather and possible cancellation or delay the following information and resources will help you:
- We close when RSU 35 / SAD 35 (South Berwick & Eliot) closes and our name (Tidewater) will be announced. Frequently RSU 35 closes and Portsmouth doesn't because of varying weather patterns
- A delay only applies to the grades.
- If school is delayed, there will be no early childhood classes.
- Snug Harbor Extended Day will be offered in the event of a delay but not if the whole school is cancelled for the day. If your child is signed up for Snug Harbor Extended Day (12:00 - 3:00 p.m.) on a day when school is delayed please call to confirm that he or she will be coming. This ensures that we have appropriate staffing.
- Snug Harbor Extended Day will be cancelled in the event of early dismissal.
- Listen to WERZ, 107.1 FM or WOKQ, 97.5 FM
- Go to the WOKQ website and look for Tidewater School.
- You can also call the school at 207-439-7911 and listen to the voicemail. The message will be changed to reflect a closing or delays by 6:30 a.m.